We have had the worst time trying to blog. Internet hasn't been working for us most places, and when I do get it working, it tends to pike out on me at the last second taking with it all of my latest work. So here, I am not going to try to catch up today, I'm just going to let you know where we are and I'll catch up later.
We have made it into San Francisco from Sacramento alive. We only got a little bit lost trying to find out hotel, but, as it turns out, my love of maps came in handy because a street name twigged a memory and I sorted out where we were.
We did not make it to Alcatraz, thanks to the stupid rental car company, and a myriad of other hiccoughs. We'll try and see if they'll sort something out for us tomorrow.
In the mean time, we made it to our hotel and checked in. It's beautiful here and you wouldn't know they are mid renovation. I hunted around on the internet at 7:30pm, shortly after we got back from dropping off the car, and found a neat little Italian place a few blocks down. It was a 10 minute walk, and at least 3 people wanted our money, but it was worth it for an out of the tourist trap restaurant, loved by the locals and with big enough portions to feed all four of us on two meals. The kids start up so many little interactions with people, and it's so nice just to chat with people and laugh and enjoy their company.
Sunday, April 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment